paranoid Jews? (was: RE: Michael Lerner bashing)

Nurev at Kreative.net Nurev at Kreative.net
Sat Jul 11 11:32:54 PDT 1998

Hello Frances,

First I would like to appologize for my overreaction to your original post Paranoid Jews. I had just spent six months dealing with Nazis, Neo-Nazis, KKK, Aryan Nations, White Aryan Resistance, and Christian Identity types on the Internet. I mistook you for one Francis A. Boyle, a person sometimes quoted by the above groups.

So you understand where i'm coming from, let me inform you that I am an ahtiest with little tollerance for religion. I was raised Jewish Orthodox among Hasidic neighbors. My father grduated from Mathausen, and my mother from the big "A". I am now and have always been a Leftist. I was active during the Vietnam era. I went to live on a Kibbutz in Israel. I was NOT a Zionist then, nor am I now. I never served in the Israeli military despite living there for a total of seven years ( some non- consecutive ). I did carry weapons as a kind of militiaman during the Yom Kippur war in 1973. Fortunately I never had to kill anybody, but I would have. I left Israel because I didn't want to live in a militaristic society.

After returning to the US I went to live on a rural commune for five years.

I am a totally identified Jew. That means that it's more important for me to be a Jew than a leftist or anything else. This puts me in a maddeningly unique position. I find myself in contention with everyone. But it is stimulating and educational.

Frances Bolton (PHI) wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Jul 1998 Nurev at Kreative.net wrote:
> > But, I would suggest that Israel itself will be the cause of future
> persecutions of Jews in the diaspora. That includes the USA.
> > And, let's not forget that as recently as five years ago there was a
> full fledged pogrom in Crown Heights Brooklyn ironically perpetrated by
> Blacks.
>
> Joshua,
> I would love to see you make that *argument* about Israel being the cause
> of future Jewish persecution.

The greatest threat to American Jews is Israel, and the greatest threat to Israel's Jews, are their American bourgeois brothers. In recent history, American Jews have enjoyed the privilige of being almost white. That, in conjunction with an afinity for, and no aversion to capitalism, has put us in an enviable position ( as a group ) in this society. This has often been an historical impetus towards initiating active violent Jew hatred. Of course other circumstances need to be right too. Those circumstances exist either in quiesence or activity in all societies outside of the Jewish State. They are: religious hatred, religious competion, economic competion, envy, class hatred, xenophobia, and plain old racism. Let me assure you that there is a sizeable core group of rabid Jew haters in this country. These numbers tend to wax and wane with the effects of the economy on the personal fortunes of the general population. For the moment, the perception is that most people are doing OK. Those that are not doing OK are too busy working two or three shitty jobs to be concerned about other things. Those who have no jobs are working on their skills and self esteem.

Israel- The Oslo Peace process is a sham perpetrated upon the people of the Mid East by people who would like to develop " stability " in that part of the world to make it safe for foreign investors, as well as facilitating local trade. A main benefit would be to remove the threat of periodic war to that area's oil exploitation by the European and Japanese economies. This is a plan to benefit the elites of the countries involved. For everyone else, the benefit would be peace. Yeah right! The only thing standing in the way of promised riches for the various elites, was the "Palestinian Problem." The American and European elites got the Israeli, Jordanian, Saudi, and Egyptian elites to recreate the thoroughly beaten and discredited Palestinian elites led by Arafat to agree to the establishment of a Bantustanlike pseudo-state. Great plan, just a few teeny weeny little problems to solve.

Teeny problem 1: Who will control the water under the West Bank. 2: The local ecology absolutely will not support further increases in

population desired by both parties. 3: Both sides have religious fanatics incapable of compromise on certain issues. 4: A significant number of Israelis will simply not trade buffer territories

for the false security of a piece of paper. 5: A significant number of Palestinians will not be satisfied with a token

state, while they really want their old territoriy back. 6: The Jews will not give up sovereignty over Jerusalem.

The "peace plan" was absurd wishful thinking based on greed. The results are what we have today. This deal is dead. If in 1999 there is no signed agreement, Arafat will declare a state.