Oh to be in Paris right now

Peter Kilander peterk at enteract.com
Sun Jul 12 15:14:22 PDT 1998

I'm not into sports but not above jumping on a bandwagon now and then. A symbolic victory for the welfare state as France beats the epitome of the free market system, Brazil, 3-0 in the World Cup Soccer finals in France. The Brazillian team is sort of like the Bulls, longstanding champions who were expected to win. Somethings that struck me. 1) The whole Brazillian team sang their national anthem, while one black French player refused to sing a word of their anthem. 2)In the bar I was watching it, all the young Chicagoans were cheering for the French. I have no idea why. Didn't bother to ask. Maybe they were cheering for the underdogs? The hometeam? -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/19980712/9284d367/attachment.htm>