Should we celebrate the fall of the Soviet Union

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Tue Jul 14 10:04:00 PDT 1998

Barkley might be off base here. I thought that the industry in the east was largely old line, steel-like manufacturing. In part, the appeal of the Nazis to big business was its protection of these outdated dinasaur firms. If so, the figures that he is using are likely to be distorted. Where was the more modern industry located before the war?

Also, the E. and the W. had different social structures, with the E. more like Latin America and the W. more like the Asian tigers.

Tel. 916-898-5321 E-Mail michael at ecst.csuchico.edu