Soviet and US Economy

Sat Jul 18 14:38:59 PDT 1998

RE:

>The reason for doing so is consistency and concern for the welfare of
>workers, East and West. Some on this list agonize over US imperialism in
>Latin America but see only benefits with USSR imperialism in Eastern
>Europe.

Who on this list sees *only* benefits from USSR imperialism from Eastern Europe?

(The only places where I see net benefits from USSR imperialism are Afghanistan (Najibullah better than Taliban), Angola (Jonas Savimibi is bad news), and Mozambique (almost anyone better than RENAMO). Everywhere else, I think the people would have been better off if the rulers of the USSR had simply never heard of the place...)

Brad DeLong