Biased witness -- If we're going to replay Vietnam War ...

Carrol Cox cbcox at rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu
Wed Jul 22 20:06:18 PDT 1998

If we are going to replay the Vietnam War, let's keep a few things straight. No conceivable set of facts (or for that matter inconveivable set) about the contending virtues or vices of various forces in Vietnam can change the fundamental fact that the United States invaded Vietnam, and that all Vietnamese who aided that invasion were traitors, all *knowledgeable* Americans who supported the invasion were supporting a war crime. (The particular war crimes committed by the U.S. invasion are quite secondary to the fundamental crime of U.S. troops being there at all.)

Carrol