Privatization Pep Rally

Doyle Saylor djsaylor at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jul 29 10:48:14 PDT 1998

Hello everyone, Max Sawicky writes: "...We have six months to explain to people why privatization of almost any variety will mean higher taxes and lower benefits. There will be a serious push next Spring to actually do the deal."

Well the arguments for social security "reform" meaning to put individual accounts into the stock market really depends upon how safe the market looks to people? Doesn't this make the push by spring rather iffy for Clinton and others. Why didn't they do it this summer when the market looks so much more upward bound? What is their delay? I suppose if the markets don't gyrate much by the spring most people might at least listen to the arguments about "creating" private investment accounts to manage by the individual, but it doesn't look to me like the market will be that stable this fall. So it seems to me we have a fair chance of making a case against the "reforms" by this spring if that is the timeline. Hope we can. regards, Doyle Saylor