Fairness Agenda

Don Jordan donjordan at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 31 17:10:06 PDT 1998

Mat:

I wrotethat the the Unviersal Declaration of Human Rights is currently under attack. Mat wrote:

>Don- Could you elaborate on this? Are there specific campaigns or groups
that
>target the Declaration now, etc.? Thanks, Mat

I wish I had an answer right now. I am certain that I read that some countries are attempting to revise the Declaration so as to limit some of the rights specified therein, and I recall it was the ones giving economic rights that were most under attack. I also think that this was done under the auspices of the UN, but am not sure. Give me a few days and let me see if I can trace my information.

Don Jordan San Bernardino, CA <donjordan at earthlink.net>