Invention of the white race

Max Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Mon Jun 1 07:31:37 PDT 1998

Dhlazare at aol.com wrote:

> Still not quite right. Populism disintegrated as an organized political party
> after 1896, but it lingered on as a kind of political syndrome for a long time
> after. In this form, it grew wackier and wackier, descending into anti-
> urbanism, anti-semitism, anti-intellectualism, etc. as the careers of Henry
> Ford and Wm. Jennings Bryan illustrate.

Relating the morbid symptoms you list to 'Populism' is as dubious as relating Lenin to, say, the Sparticist League. There's a lot of intervening water over the damn, or a lot of streams and tributaries relative to the initial, main currents.

Your attacks on populism dovetail perfectly with those of Capital and mainstream historians, which I'm sure is purely unintentional on your part. It's also how our rulers attack labor when it 'misbehaves' by attacking NAFTA or the IMF--exceeding its proper boundaries, so to speak.

MBS