Abortion and the Death Penalty

Michael Eisenscher meisenscher at igc.apc.org
Tue Jun 2 08:52:05 PDT 1998

I should have made myself more clear. In reference to abolitionism and women's vote, I was referring to Pentecostals and Evangelicals. I will try to get some source references.

But my main point stands. Subsuming a broad range of religious movements under the stereotypes that are now common currency in the Left of the Religious Rights causes us to miss opportunities for finding common ground, areas for dialogue, and ways of creating distance between the ideological rightwing and those who are moved by faith more than politics, but whose interests and moral framework open them to alternative political conclusions.

Michael E.