[Fwd: militia research]

Katha Pollitt kpollitt at thenation.com
Tue Jun 2 12:41:22 PDT 1998

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Katha Pollitt wrote:
>
> >Why not pay these people at least the respect of taking seriously the
> >beliefs they say they have? You might as well say the nazis weren't
> >"really" anti-semitic, but were just using that vocabulary to express
> >their class anger.
>
> Who are "the militias" in your mind, and how do you know that they're
> either professedly or covertly anti-Semitic?
>
> Doug

Well, good question. And not just for me -- for all of us. Let's all be more specific about who we are talking about. I think I'm mostly thinking about the Aryan Nation and Christian Identity people, Posse comitatus etc. I don't know if you'd call those Militia people. The people who are upset about black helicopters, call the US govt the Zionist Occupation Government, refer to nonwhites as "mud people," love the "turner Diaries" etc. I think they are anti-semitic because they are!

best, katha

Who are you talking about when you refer to the militias?