anarchism

Mathew Forstater forstate at levy.org
Wed Jun 3 09:27:00 PDT 1998

I thought that what you are describing below is what they call "pure capitalism" or a "free market system" or a "society of perfect liberty." Was the term anarchism ever used in this regard before say 40 years ago? I thought that from 19th century (late 18th?) all anarchist political movements and writings were of the left variety. But I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time now would it?!). If anybody has info on this I'd be interested. I have relatives who fought in the Abraham Lincoln Brigade. It's a little tough for me to call Murray Rothbard an "anarchist." -Mat