[Fwd: militia research]

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Jun 3 08:23:15 PDT 1998

Mathew Forstater wrote:

>I don't think so. i would use libertarian. i don't think emma goldman,
>kropotkin, the anarcho-communists and anarcho syndicalists are on their
>reading lists. anarchism is a serious left political philosophy. i would
>not use it for right wing anti-statism.

Hey, that's not fair - the left doesn't own title to anarchism. Right-wing anarchism, while it strikes me as nutty & repellent, is still a consistent political philosophy. They see an ideal society as one of purely voluntary exchange between individuals - a world of pure markets, with exchange governed by contracts, not coercion. It's all a fantasy - there's no such thing as a free market. But it's a perfectly legit branch of anarchism.

Doug