militias

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Tue Jun 2 13:37:49 PDT 1998

Doug says:
>Instead of calling the FBI, "the left," whoever that is
>these days, should talk to them. They're deeply alienated and confused, and
>there are plenty of real fascists happy to take advantage of this.

Surely. And we also need to talk to those who say that they are against or 'ambivalent' about abortion even though they actually need it. They're deeply alienated and confused, and there are plenty of real demagogues happy to take advantage of this. Some men on lbo-talk, however, seem to want them to stay alienated and confused, instead of talking to them and leading them to realize the gap between their 'opinions' and real needs, while on the other hand the need to talk to militia guys seems to be accepted by almost all here, including me. This gap tells me something about gender politics.

Yoshie