California Elections

J Cullen reporter at eden.com
Wed Jun 3 10:58:34 PDT 1998

I thought it was interesting, when I tried this morning to find information about the Prop 226 vote -- which arguably was the biggest union win since the UPS strike -- that the LA Times did not headline the Prop 226 vote and apparently ran a wire story inside, the San Francisco Chronicle did not run a story with it on the front page but ran one inside and the SF Examiner, in its Wednesday morning election follow-up, did not lede a story or commentary on Prop 226, at least according to their web sites. Does anybody think the story would have been played differently if the corporations had won that vote?

To California listmembers: How did the TV stations cover the election? I hear the pre-election coverage was dismal to non-existent.

-- Jim Cullen

---------------------------------------- THE PROGRESSIVE POPULIST James M. Cullen, Editor P.O. Box 150517, Austin, Texas 78715-0517 Phone: 512-447-0455 Internet: populist at usa.net Home page: http://www.eden.com/~reporter ----------------------------------------