Questions

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Jun 5 09:03:00 PDT 1998

Jordan Hayes wrote:

>Apparently not everyone was going for the "sure thing" since
>it was undersubscribed; a decent showing (good enuf to be called
>a 'moderate success' ...?), but certainly no slam-dunk.

Hmm, yesterday's FT described the new Russian bond as "popular with investors" - so popular that they sold older Russian bonds to buy into the new one. The offering apparently took everyone by surprise.

The offering was lead managed by the US Treasury, I mean, Goldman Sachs.

>Me? I'm still working on this short dollar / long rupiah 15%
>hot tip deal that I picked up on some Marxist newsletter :-)

My god, what Marxist newsletter is offering trading tips? Must keep up with the competition.

Doug