Questions

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Mon Jun 8 00:34:17 PDT 1998

> yesterday's FT described the new Russian bond as "popular with
> investors" - so popular that they sold older Russian bonds to buy
> into the new one.

Boy, Doug -- you're a cheap date. Those teabags buy you lunch and all of a sudden you think they speak the gospel. Remind me to buy you lunch next time I'm in NYC! :-)

I think that's a bit of grandstanding on the FT's part. I think the "surprise" everyone had was that anyone bought any at all. The Russians themselves called it a "moderate success" and like I said, they didn't sell enough to cover their upcoming obligations.

Sign me up for Russia being on the brink of destruction. Film at 11.

/jordan