We are all Keynesians now

michael michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Fri Jun 5 09:20:16 PDT 1998

Stein, Herbert. 1984. Presidential Economics: The Making of Economic Policy (NY: Simon and Schuster).

135: "in January 1971 ... on the occasion of submitting his budget, he [Nixon] proudly announced, "Now I am a Keynesian"."

Lynn Turgeon once gave me a New York Times reference to Nixon's quotation, but I did not find it there.

By the way, Reagan was perhaps the most Keynesian president we have ever had.

Tel. 530-898-5321 E-Mail michael at ecst.csuchico.edu