Consumer debt crunch and division by two

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Jun 6 10:52:59 PDT 1998

Shelvers at aol.com wrote:

>My question is this: Does anyone know how to obtain a copy of this Survey of
>Consumer Finances or the data therein? My feeble research-surfing attempts
>have failed.

You can lots of info on the SCF from the Fed's web site, at <http://www.bog.frb.fed.us/pubs/oss/oss2/scfindex.html>. I think you can even get the data, but unless you're a data whiz, there's not much you can do with it. There are lots of working papers and things you can download from there.

I've put the basic asset and debt distribution data into a table at the LBO web site. See <http://www.panix.com/~dhenwood/Wealth_distrib.html>.

Doug