Joel Kovel on the Frankfurt School

Justin Schwartz jschwart at freenet.columbus.oh.us
Mon Jun 8 04:39:39 PDT 1998

On Mon, 8 Jun 1998, Jordan Hayes wrote:

> > Twelve-tone works are quite listenable: ...
>
> Did you see that report recently that claimed 12-tone was "invented"
> in order to be used as a kind of steganographic cypher for getting
> nuclear secrets to the Nazis?

Shhhhh! Don't tell anybody! Or William Pierce will be promoting Schoenberg and Berg.

Actually the claim is quite false. Rock and roll was actually the cypher to get nuclear secrets to, not the Nazis, but to Kaiser Wilhelm II, unfortunately, neither nuclear secrets nor rock were sufficiently developed by the time the Kaiser fell, so we had Pol Pot pass his exams on Fanon in the mid 60s with highest honors before dispatching him to kill the freedom fighters in Afghanistan and Chechnia. He enjoyed rock and roll a great deal, however, although he had plastic-bagged all the scientists capable of understanding it well enough to build a bomb.

--jks