Credit is our friend

Dennis R Redmond dredmond at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Mon Jun 8 17:18:47 PDT 1998

On Mon, 8 Jun 1998, Jordan Hayes wrote:

> Getting a business loan is
> still incredibly difficult, but capitalizing a small business with
> personal credit cards is easy (and deductible!).

Let's not forget that favorite friend of us overeducated and underemployed Net-proles, a.k.a. the Federal student loan program. You can go into six digits of hock, all at Government-subsidized 4% interest rates, and even pay off your old unsecured student loans (some of which run at 8.3% rates) with new loans. Now I know how Poland felt after Deutsche Bank refinanced their Communist-era hard currency debt in 1994: yippee!

-- Dennis