Nader

Seth Sandronsky - 3472339 ssandron at nunic.nu.edu
Wed Jun 10 10:43:45 PDT 1998

Doug,

I agree with much of your take on Nader. His presidential campaign did, however, provide a place for people like me to work with many Greens and recovering Republicrats. Such a development has, I think, broader applications. In my view from the Sacramento bridge, I see a strengthened presence of other progressive causes, i.e., anti-"Africa Nafta," Free Pacifica, Zapatista solidarity, "Justice for Janitors," anti-Indonesian sweatshops, Timorese liberation, Co-op member donations to local food banks, etc. Maybe the space Nader's campaign opened for lefties to meet one another has no relation to a subsequent spike in such activism. Yet I do believe that with the "left" in organizational disarray, we have to make the most of organizing opportunities where they are, electoral or otherwise, to help build an oppositional movement to business as usual.

Seth Sandronsky Sacramento, CA ,