Farewell to Kinky Sex? (was Re: what is the christian left?)

bautiste at uswest.net bautiste at uswest.net
Wed Jun 10 12:05:44 PDT 1998

Yoshie,

Your comments are so trite and passe to be laughable. Have you read anything beyond Freud on religion? Have you ever read a primary religious text? Do you know why Islam, Judaism and Christianity all claim Abraham as their forebear?

Considering the fact that religious fundamentalisms of various kinds threaten to unbalance American political hegemony, I think you would want to come up with something better than boiled over Freud. You couldn't even hold a credible conversation with a Muslim, not to mention the fact that your disdain for her religious views would undermine any claim to authentic dialog.

chuck miller