Nader

unterwelt at juno.com unterwelt at juno.com
Wed Jun 10 05:45:00 PDT 1998

On Wed, 10 Jun 1998 14:45:21 -0400 Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> writes:
>I know lots of Marxists who leave their
>armchairs
>to work as union organizers, volunteers in women's shelters, and to do
>popular education. A couple of them wrote the platform for the Labor
>Party,
>too, which, while it isn't perfect, is still pretty oriented towards
>the
>real world.

But it's not those type of Marxists I'm talking about. I'm thinking of the Baudrillard types who do nothing other than write weighty academic tones in some sort of academic code that no one can understand. More articulate people than I have beaten up on PoMo, but I'll never pass up a chance to rant about how debilitating it's effect on the Left has been. BTW, has anyone here managed to get through anything by Derrida? I suspect his work is one big shaggy dog joke.

_____________________________________________________________________ You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]