Greed is good

charles brown cdehbrown at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 11 08:34:10 PDT 1998

Wojtek wrote

>At 02:54 PM 6/10/98 -0700, Jordan Hayes wrote of Microsoft:
>>Piggy, indeed. But what's the alternative? In one of the few
>>things I ever saw Jack Kemp do well, he asked Jesse Jackson: how
>>then do you suppose we could convince those who take risks to do
>>so?
>

>What risk?
>
>Methinks, you embrace a very peculiar concept of risk: when the risk is
>risky then it is quietly underwritten by the taxpayers, but when it
ceases
>to be risky, then it becomes a PR gimmick

Yes,isn't taking risks for suckers who the really successful capitalists can take advantage of ? It seems to me that real capitalists do everything possible to make their profits and maximum profits a sure thing. Risktaking is a myth like Horatio Alger. They "externalize" costs and risks.

Charles Brown