Greed is good

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Thu Jun 11 14:56:07 PDT 1998

Louis Proyect wrote a bunch of falshoods (as to why, that's left as an exercise for the reader):

> He read "Atlas Shrugged" last year

False.

> it struck him as divinely inspired.

False.

> Ayn Rand's prose has that effect on
> the young and the innocent.

Perhaps; but: I'm neither young nor innocent.

> A couple of weeks ago young Jordan wrote me a letter telling me
> to take my Marxism somewhere else, because it didn't relate to
> the LBO-Talk agenda.

False. I said, in response to your complaint that people don't edit their posts, that while that bugs me, your posts that ramble and drift back toward a common theme bug me more. I said nothing of inappropriateness; nor did I tell you not to do it. An incredible three falshoods in a single sentence.

> I informed him that Doug Henwood was actually a Marxist and that
> LBO revealed this on an ongoing basis.

False. You said that LBO was "a Marxist newsletter" which I don't think is an appropriate characterization of it.

> "What's that...I can't believe it." was his response.

False.

> Which is sort of a contradiction for Doug to resolve,

False.

> let's not be too uncouth toward our house libertarian.

I'm not a libertarian. Or a radical or a liberal. Strike three, Frenchie.

But hey: can you stay on the topic please? I believe we were coming up with as many personal attacks on me as we possibly can. You have quite a bit of work ahead of you!

/jordan