Greed is good

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Fri Jun 12 01:29:50 PDT 1998

Jim heartfield wrote:

> The era of capitalist entrepreneurship seems long past.

Not from where I sit. Venture Capital is still an area where big risk is taken and big rewards are expected, though (despite the hype you read) it is still quite rare. 9 out of 10 startups still fail, and when they do, it's usually at a very high burn rate.

The morbid joke is about how it'd probably be better (and more fun) to just light a BMW on fire in the parking lot each day ...

> The booming parrts of the economy seem to be all about
> avoiding risk - insurance, hedging investments and so on.

That's not risk avoidance; it's risk management.

/jordan