Gender, Race, and Publishing on the Left

MScoleman at aol.com MScoleman at aol.com
Tue Jun 16 17:16:57 PDT 1998

<< And I submit we may include in the ranks of Marxism one Freddie Engels,

whose work concerning 'the world historical defeat of the female sex'

(*Origin of the Family, Private Property and the State*) discusses he

oppression of working class women such that it reads bloody well even now.

Cheers,

Rob. >> yes, and in my opinion (and other feminists as well ) also marginalizes women. Essentially engels says that women entering the workforce and leaving the home helps politicize them. The problem engels, marx, and the left traditionally ignores is that women did enter the workforce, but they did not leave their unpaid labor behind. In short, they have one foot in one world and another in the other, and this double duty is routinely ignored as an added form of oppression. maggie coleman mscoleman at aol.com