Constitutional Longevity. Was Religiosity... (fwd)

Seth Sandronsky - 3472339 ssandron at nunic.nu.edu
Tue Jun 16 14:39:46 PDT 1998

---------- Forwarded message ---------- Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 14:36:39 -0700 (PDT) From: Seth Sandronsky - 3472339 <ssandron at nunic.nu.edu> To: charles brown <cdehbrown at hotmail.com> Subject: Re: Constitutional Longevity. Was Religiosity...

Charles,

I agree with what you say about the historically fascist nature of U.S. life for black Americans. Only the presence of federal troops during Reconstruction and the years following Brown vs. Board of Ed. diminished, in part and for a short time, such oppression for black folk. As Malcom X said, "Don't tell me, oh, it's the South (as an explanation for the class and race subjugation of black Americans). If you're south of Canada you're in the South." Americans of all backgrounds need that kind of plain speaking analysis of the status quo today more than ever.

Regards, Seth Sandronsky