Constitutional Longevity. Was Religiosity...

Rosser Jr, John Barkley rosserjb at jmu.edu
Wed Jun 17 09:27:46 PDT 1998

I don't remember what Guerin's line is, but I remember that several years ago Louis P. and I went around on the question of Big Business and Naziism over on pen-l. Perhaps there is no disagreement on this now, but I would reiterate that it is a myth that Big Business was "behind Hitler." There was a small group of leading Big Businessmen who supported Hitler early on. But most preferred more traditional conservative formations and only got on after Hitler came to power. Of course then most of them supported him quite fully, with a few notable exceptions, some of whom ended up in camps and/or dead.

Despite his original base in Catholic Bavaria, Hitler's strongest base of support during the crucial early 1930s was resolutely rural Protestant and petit bourgeois. Barkley Rosser On Tue, 16 Jun 1998 19:43:01 -0400 Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> wrote:

-- Rosser Jr, John Barkley rosserjb at jmu.edu