Who is disabled

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Wed Jun 17 13:09:14 PDT 1998

michael at ecst.csuchico.edu wrote:

> ... Yes, the law was to protect
> against child molesters, but this person had been a teacher for quite some
> time, who was fired because of the fingerprints.
>
> There was no indication that he was anything but an excellent teacher.
> The school board tried to retain him.

Still I think the teacher could take this to court under the ADA and most likely win it. S/he was discriminated against for not having what a nondisabled person has - fingerprints and it cost their livlihood.

I need an answer too, to a question I asked in another post - Did the school administrators put this teacher on disability? Usually, qualifying for disability benefits means that one is UNABLE to work.

Marta