Divisions among the "Disabled"; Footnote to Marta Russell

Carl Remick cremick at rlmnet.com
Fri Jun 19 12:31:20 PDT 1998

Re Jim Heartfield's observation: "Quite real atrocities were suffered by Iraqi soldiers and civilians alike. Continuing health problems arising from depleted Uranium shells and other chemical weapons used by the allies continue to be a real health hazard in the Gulf."

I have seen coverage, on the London-based ITN World News, of Iraqi civilian health problems caused by allies' use of depleted-uranium shells in the Gulf War, but I haven't seen ONE WORD of coverage on this topic in U.S. media. Have I just been inattentive?