help [AFDC data]

June Zaccone ecojmz at hofstra.edu
Sun Jun 21 19:03:21 PDT 1998

These data are from a quarterly report issued by the NYS Office of Tempoary and Disability Assistance, "Local District and State Performance Measures." Office is at 46 N. Pearl St., Albany, NY 12243-0001. I called them but I don't remember how I found their tel. no. on the NYS website. They collect data on % changes in AFDC by county, NYC, and NYS, and % earnings-related closings--earnings being that magnificent $100 per quarter, along with other data. They also have some data for other states. For example, if I read the data correctly, among the 45 states reporting, Idaho had the highest rate of child fatalities from maltreatment in 1995. Along with Oregon and Oklahoma, their rates were well over twice that for NYS, which had the same rate as the national average.

June Zaccone, National Jobs for All Coalition, 475 Riverside Dr., NY, NY 10027