Libertarian communists?

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Wed Jun 24 06:06:42 PDT 1998

People are so disoriented that a real live left or
>libertarian communist (perhaps the most oppressed minority of all, e.g.,
>our underrepresentation in academic depts has led to no affirmative action
>at all) is easily mistaken for a left conservative. Just how fanatically
>anti-communist this country remains--well, can I get a witness? Was I just
>dreaming the Reagan era?
>best, rakesh

What exactly is a libertarian communist? Is this like our old friend from Spoons Chris Sciabbara who studied with Bertell Ollman and now writes flattering books about Ayn Rand and Frederick Hayek? He has a pretty good teaching job at NYU, so it seems that at least one libertarian communist can pay his rent.

Louis Proyect