Asia and hormones

Mathew Forstater forstate at levy.org
Wed Jun 24 14:13:43 PDT 1998

On Wed, 24 Jun 1998, Justin Schwartz wrote:

> Lucretius and Democritos, post S's both. --jks

I thought it was Epicurus and Democritos. (or somebody with an e. sorry about spelling. when i was in school we said classics is bullshit, and chose to ignore the greeks, etc. and study the literatures and philosophies of Africa, Asia and the indigenous people of the Americas. We also believed--and I still do-- that the Black Student Union had good reason to insist on being Black, while organizing coalition groups of various organizations to work toward common goals. White students should take African American Studies courses--in fact it should be required, and Women's Studies courses should be required for men--but the idea of white students joining the BSU--as opposed to supporting anti-racist work, etc., seems ridiculous to me.)

Mat