GM Strike

Michael Eisenscher meisenscher at igc.apc.org
Thu Jun 25 08:10:17 PDT 1998

The issue is not illegality, but whether the strikes fall within the narrow terms of strike actions permitted under the GM contract. GM contends that these strikes do not. They have demanded arbitration to get a ruling on the matter by filing a "grievance" and asking for expedited arbitration under the terms of the UAW/GM contract. I don't have a copy, therefore, do not want to speculate on the actual language.

Michael E.