GM strike

Michael Eisenscher meisenscher at igc.apc.org
Fri Jun 26 23:45:11 PDT 1998

Since you side-stepped it, I'll repeat what I said in the rest of the comment to which you respond here.

"When won't they be able to find another worker somewhere in the world they can hire to work for less? Once you accept their logic, you buy into the never-ending cycle of playing worker and worker, whether across borders, union v. non-union, right-to-work states v. non-RTW (for less) states, native-born v. immigrants, men v. women, old v. young, even one UAW local against another within the same company. The only significant difference is at what pace you will run the 'race to the bottom.'"

In solidarity, Michael E.