BRC debate

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Jun 29 07:49:41 PDT 1998

Jim heartfield wrote:

>So let me get this right.
>
>The sum effect of our debate over the BRC was that Rakesh, for failing
>to wholy endorse the BRC was denounced as a naive racist and resigned,
>leaving us a little closer to being an exclusively white list.
>
>Happy?

No, not at all. I'm sorry Rakesh left, but I thought what was said against him was in the range of normal polemic. Apparently he didn't agree.

>Incidentally, on Keynes and the Nazis, wasn't his book published in
>Germany with a key Nazi writing the preface?

Are you referring to Keynes's own preface to the German edition of the General Theory, which had kind things to say about Nazi employment policy, and which was excluded from the collected works?

It's ok by me to say there are parallels between Keynes & fascism; it's not ok by me to call Bill Mitchell a fascist.

Doug