TV Nation returns

Tue Jun 30 14:43:20 PDT 1998

FYI

CB

2. Return of TV Nation

Here's the good news I've been wanting to give you for the past two years...

This Monday, we begin production on a new season of TV NATION!

Would you like to be involved in the show? If you have any ideas for a TV Nation-type story, please e-mail them to me at MMFlint at aol.com. If you've seen the show, you know what we are looking for -- something with humor and politics, something that you normally think would not make it on TV.
>From trying to buy the missile in Russia that was pointed at my hometown to
taking Dr. Kevorkian on a picnic to disrupting a Klan rally with a mariachi band singing love songs, we are in search of those people, places or events in your area that you think deserve a visit from TV Nation.

Some of our best pieces on the show came from fans, like the one where we held a "Corp-Aid" benefit concert in the middle of Wall Street to help "needy" corporations. And, we pay for these ideas. If we use your idea, and you are the first person to send it to us, we will send you a check for $700 and give you a credit on the show.

So, take a look around your town (or anywhere else in the rest of the world), and, even if you can't come up with the darkly comic twist to it (we have a crack writing staff who can do that), jot it down here and send it off to me this weekend.

This new show is being funded by Channel Four in the U.K. which is currently negotiating with the American network on which it will appear. It will also have a new name (any ideas?), and some great new segments and correspondents I think you'll like. I'll keep you informed of our progress. Thanks for all your support over the past few years.

On a personal note, we're in Michigan this week, where I'm sure you've heard that two factories in Flint are on strike. Nearly 10,000 people are fightling simply to keep what's left of their jobs -- the jobs that have helped make General Motors a $28 billion net profit in the last five years. The reason there are hundreds of journalists and dozens of satellite trucks in Flint right now is that millions of people are watching -- and hoping -- that the average worker will be able to share in "the greatest economic recovery of this century." When you read in the paper this week that "GM isn't as productive and competitive as the other car companies", please remember the 220,000 people GM has already axed while its stock has gone from $35 a share to $70 a share. If they want to be "competitive," I suggest they design a car that somebody would want to drive!

Anyway, thanks for listening to me babble, and if you want more of my rantings, you can find them at <A HREF="http://www.dogeatdogfilms.com"> www.dogeatdogfilms.com</A>

Send me your ideas -- MMFlint at aol.com !

Michael Moore

-------------- next part -------------- An embedded message was scrubbed... From: Veronica <7vdw at QLINK.QUEENSU.CA> Subject: TV Nation and other stuff (fwd) Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 17:31:46 -0400 Size: 9927 URL: <../attachments/19980630/4ebfffaf/attachment.eml>