Cars

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu May 7 13:30:28 PDT 1998

Jim heartfield wrote:

>I'm guessing that the new Chrysler-Daimler deal will lead to the
>eventual downsizing of the motor industry.

By the way, employment in the U.S. category "motor vehicles & equipment" is up over 20% since 1989.

>A green victory, or a capitalist one?

Greg Tarpinian of the Labor Research Association was on CNBC a little while ago showing his roots. He said that this deal will also create a large multinational unionized workforce, just as Marx called it 150 years ago.

Speaking of that sort of thing, how seriously should we take the spate of articles in the capitalist hyena press on how Internet organization has wrecked the MAI negotiations?

Doug