Euro sails through

jf noonan jfn1 at msc.com
Fri May 8 08:24:39 PDT 1998

On Fri, 8 May 1998, Doug Henwood wrote:

> That wasn't me, I think that was Barkley. I think these computer panics are
> overblown - Y2K consultants telling scare stories to journalists, who love
> that sort of empty sensationalism. There was something in the FT the other
> day about the danger of a 5-digit Dow. So many things to worry about, it's
> enough to spoil the bull market!
>
> Doug

And klewless incompetent bureaucracies are using them to justify their continued existence. I won't waste the list's time or space with reposting the CIA horror report on Y2K that I received on another list the other day.

Joseph Noonan jfn1 at msc.com

"If the government doesn't like the people, why doesn't it dissolve them and elect a new people?" --Brecht