Were the Nazis radical environmentalists?

Dhlazare Dhlazare at aol.com
Mon May 11 11:20:28 PDT 1998

<< Unless he cares to apologize for "man and nature," Dan Lazare is on my

permanent delete-without-reading list, the list I use for incorrigible

liberals who like the thrill it gives them to call themselves marxists.

>> How will you know if I've apologized, if you delete-without-reading?

I think this is all rather silly. Try as we might to use sex-neutral language, there are times when generic terms like "man" are unavoidable. Would you slam Gould for using a title like "The Mismeasure of Man" for the same reason?

Re Louis P.'s statement that the use of the pricing mechanism is as far from Marxism as you can get, he misses my point. I would like to use democratic planning to set prices so that they reflect the full social and environmental cost of production and consumption. I believe this is a much more efficient and effective way of socializing consumption and production than the bureaucratic rationing that more "traditional" Marxists have long favored.

Dan Lazare