BJP's Bomb

John St. Clair jstclair at chuma.cas.usf.edu
Wed May 13 10:24:00 PDT 1998

Doug wrote:
> Well, hell, if their bomb-inspired bounce in the polls starts to decay,
> what will they do for an encore? Vaporize Islamabad?

I think it's pretty apparent that they will, if necessary, actually deploy nuclear weapons (i.e., mount them on missles and put them in the field). Reading the NYTimes today, I noticed that the BJP claimed that they would not object to the NTB treaty if it were modified to (a) eliminate nuclear weapons, and (b) halt computer simulations. Someone better check on Sun computers...

John St. Clair University of South Florida Department of Philosophy Cooper 107 Tampa, FL 33647

Office: CPR 267 Phone: 813-974-5896 Hours: M 3-5, T 10-12 http://chuma.cas.usf.edu/~jstclair/