Kinking the list

Bill Rosenberg w.rosenberg at cantva.canterbury.ac.nz
Wed May 13 21:20:43 PDT 1998

Dennis R Redmond wrote:

> Well, it's time to liven things up with reports of sheep riots in
> New Zealand,

Can't report any sheep riots from New Zealand I'm afraid, though there is the true story of our local council which is planning to build an overpass over a highway so the farmer who insists on driving his dairy cows to milking every day doesn't upset the motorists and (worse!) soil the road with their excretions...

Seriously though - the Fire Commission which employs all New Zealand firefighters has announced it is sacking all 1600 of them and telling them to apply for the several hundred less jobs that remain.

Bill Bill Rosenberg, w.rosenberg at csc.canterbury.ac.nz. Ph 64 3 3642801. Fax 64 3 3642332. Room 211, Ext 6801