Homeownership (was What did the Anti-War Movement Lead To?)

Frances Bolton (PHI) fbolton at chuma.cas.usf.edu
Thu May 14 08:19:13 PDT 1998

On Thu, 14 May 1998, Max B. Sawicky wrote:

> San Francisco? I think a few more data points
> on this would add perspective. Let's hear from
> Cleveland, Biloxi, or Bangor

This from Tampa, FL: It's possible to work a scut job, making $6-6.50 an hour down here, and afford a one bedroom apt. That apt. would be in a big, dreary, complex with aged wall-to-wall carpeting in a somewhat sketchy area. Such apts. go for about $350-375/month. Apartments along our nude club/pawn shop/residential hotel corridor rent for $250-275/month. Cheap but scary.

Yours, Frances Bolton