Authoritarian Greens?( was Re: Huntin' Shootin' Fishin' and Fornicatin',)

Frances Bolton (PHI) fbolton at chuma.cas.usf.edu
Thu May 14 09:34:51 PDT 1998

Russ, I don't think your argument works. If you're basing your anti-Green claim on the (necessarily) limited number of Greens with whom you've spoken, all I need to do to refute it is to come up with one Green who can make an argument against your claim based in green theory and party platforms. Now, it is clearly false for you to claim that "all the greens argue about...." Once again, all I need to do is provide another question about which Green argue in order to refute your claim.

Nw, you're claim about authoritarianism is sort of an interesting one. Are all policies prima facie authoritarian? Are you equating authoritarianism with 'required by law?' What exactly are you trying to say? Perhaps this is a question of US vs. UK Greens? Yours, Frances Bolton