"The Big One"

Daniel Marcus Damarcus at students.wisc.edu
Sun May 17 09:54:27 PDT 1998

At 10:13 AM 5/17/98 -0400, you wrote: . If Moore had a TV show, he'd probably be conducting
>sympathetic and humorous interviews with NY's cab-drivers who organized a
>highly successful one-day strike last week. Come to think of it, Moore did
>have such a show, called "TV Nation." His tendency to take the point of
>view of the underdog no doubt explains his banishment from the air-waves.

Actually, Moore did do a segment on "TV Nation" about New York cabbies -- demonstrating their refusal to pick up black pedestrians hailing cabs. Things are not so simple as we would like. --Daniel Marcus

University of Wisconsin-Madison