Boyz N the Hood -help

Gary MacLennan g.maclennan at qut.edu.au
Mon May 18 23:54:30 PDT 1998

I have been given an emergency task here. A colleague is ill and I have to give his lecture on Thursday on Singleton's BOYZ'N the Hood. the theme of the lecture is black filmmakers and urban social problems. Does anyone have any thoughts, obsessions, points to make.

Where are Afro-American politics going now anyway?

I recall the discussion on the million man march on the old Marxism list and then Rakesh made a point about the sexism of Singleton's film. If he is reading this and could jot down those thoughts I would be grateful.

regards

gary