Moore, Remy, & Fortune

Trond Andresen t.andresen at uws.edu.au
Wed May 20 16:55:48 PDT 1998

At 14:59 20/05/98 -0400, Louis Proyect wrote:

> ... (a defense of Moore that seems reasonable to me).....

He quotes Moore:

>"First of all, I think humor is a very effective means of communicating a
>message to people. I think we've all seen that too many people are turned
>off by the sort of soapbox kind of reaching. That stuff's good when you're
>preaching to the converted,......"

I think Moore is to kind here. I consider myself quite a "convert", and have been so for 30 years. But it is incredibly dull to go to rallies and hear re-runs of the same standard harangue. So, _not_the_least_ on behalf of the long-time "converts", some creativity and humour is appeciated!

Trond Andresen