(a thought on Seinfeld)

Charles Brown charlesb at CNCL.ci.detroit.mi.us
Fri May 22 12:53:22 PDT 1998

Yes. I often get that mixed up. However, we have lost them too, though they did perform here in Detroit in the last few months. Maybe it is because television has taken over so many minds and they are revolutionary. New York , New York, the Big Apple. The FIRST Rappers. I almost said Gil-Scott Heron too. So, you are reading my mind. What's the word ? Johannesburg.

Charles Brown

>>> Mathew Forstater <forstate at levy.org> 05/22 2:06 PM >>>
It's The Last Poets, not The "Lost" Poets. And before anybody says it is a song by Gil Scott Heron, they said it first.

Mat Forstater