supplement

Trond Andresen t.andresen at uws.edu.au
Sun May 24 20:37:11 PDT 1998

At 22:32 24/05/98 -0500, Yoshie wrote:

>Trond Andresen wrote:
>>>And, answering myself, I should add that I bet that American purity
>>>thinking is behind Alterman and other vulgar versions of antipostmodernism.
>>
>>Doug, what examples can you point to of non-vulgar antipostmodernism?
>
>Terry Eagleton, for instance.

.. who I find to be nearly as difficult to read as the French pomo gurus themselves. So I gave up. Having a science/technology background, I get much more out of Noam Chomsky's or Alan Sokal's critical writings on these issues. For Sokal, see

http://www.physics.nyu.edu/faculty/sokal/index.html

Is their stuff to simplicistic for the literature/philosphy crowd?

Trond Andresen